Twin Birch Suites and Cottages offers a multitude of lodging options for those looking for a Prince Edward County Vacation in Wellington. Prime waterfront and lake view cottages and two different suites, Twin Birch has the right accommodations for you.
Spend your afternoons relaxing by the lake, canoeing, kayaking or venture off into Wellington for a spot of shopping or lunch. Located just minutes from Bloomfield and Picton, Wellington is the ideal base for your County Vacations
With plenty of fine dining, art galleries and studios, and our multitude of wineries close by, Wellington possesses everything needed to give you an unforgettable vacation!
Carolin Elisabeth Boysen and Alex Lacher
Born and raised in Switzerland, Carolin and Alex immigrated to Canada in May of 1999. In April 2000 they dived into their first experience in the tourism industry when they bought a cottage resort just north of Huntsville, Ontario (Muskoka area).
In the same year during high season, Linda was born at the local hospital. After six successful seasons as resort owners and managers, an irresistible offer was presented to them by a third party to purchase the business. Not wanting to give up on that opportunity and the chance to explore the west of Canada, the young family moved to the Okanagan Valley in BC, where Carolin was heavily involved in a private school through volunteering and a seat on the board of directors while Alex attended and completed a course in vineyard management.
At the same time, they started their own property management business which they kept on proceeding until they bought their current venture Twin Birch. After two years and feeling homesick for the beauty of Ontario, the family moved back to their starting point in Huntsville.
Beside the property management business, they expanded their house into a B&B, another successful involvement in the tourism industry. Slowly but surely getting tired of long winters up north (a sign of age!), it was decided that a change had to occur yet again.
After a 3 months research trip to Nicaragua it became clear however that the future should and would be in Canada, but this time somewhere in Prince Edward County. Luckily, in the spring of 2013, an opportunity presented itself when it was discovered that Twin Birch was for sale. It didn’t take long to get to an agreement with the previous owners and on July 2nd, 2013, a new chapter in their eventful life started for Carolin, Alex and Linda with the purchase of Twin Birch.
- our resort is on town services therefore the tap water is safe to drink
- each unit is air conditioned and heated
- dog friendly ($), please let us know at time of booking (except the Grapevine King Suite is not pet friendly, not suitable for children either)
- complimentary season passes to Sandbanks and all other Provincial Parks
- complimentary WIFI and satellite or smart TV
- docking facilities ($)
- canoe, stand-up paddle board and kayak rentals ($)
- life jackets and safety kits
- fish cleaning station
- bike rental; we have two city cruiser for a modest fee ($25/bike)
Town Amenities – some within easy walking distance
- Foodland grocery store
- LCBO liquor store
- Home Hardware
- Chiropractic/Massage Therapy
- Restaurants: La Condesa; authentic Mexican Food, Koenji; authentic Japanese Food, La Piccolina; italien and french Bistro, Hello Bonjour Coffee, East on Main, Drake Devonshire, Midtwown Brewery Pub, My Pie, it says it all, Idle wild, asian infused take out and dine on patio, Flossie’s Sandwiches is at Carson Arthur Garden Centre and Market, Big Mikes BBQ is at Kinsip House of Spirits
- 9-hole golf course
- Public library
- Farmers market
- Wellington Heritage Museum
- Lehigh Arena (home of the Wellington Dukes) skating
- Tennis courts (bring your own rackets and tennis balls) and Baseball Diamond (bring own gear)
- Gas Station/Tim Hortons
- Wellington Public Beach with light house and board walk, wheel chair accessible, boat launch, public washrooms and showers
- Wellington Park with kid’s playground
Reservation, Deposit and Payment Policy
- 1 night bookings are to be paid at time of booking and are non refundable
- 2 plus nights booking have a $ 300 non refundable deposit payable at time of booking by either e-transfer to email@example.com or call in your Credit Card information
If a booking is cancelled within 21 days of check in/arrival day, the balance is due at time of cancellation.
No refund for late arrival or early departure
- Check-in is after 3 pm – 9 pm , check-out by 10 am
- No Party’s or Events
- No Group bookings ( Birthday Party/Bachelor/ette/Reunion/Wedding)
- No Gatherings
- No Fireworks/Fire
- Quiet time is 11 pm to 8 am
- we are 100 % non smoking/no vaping/scent free and no use of medicinal marijuana in any of our accommodations or on shared spaces on the Resort.
- Dogs are welcome but have to be on a leash at all times (please don’t allow marking around the cottages, flower beds etc.). A poop and scoop policy is strictly enforced (bags available at the office). There is a designated Dog Area, please take your Dog there if you don’t walk your Dog. Since we are not a Dog Park/ Resort , please walk your Dog off property.
- No visitors/guests during your stay, our Resort is for overnight guests exclusively, no exceptions
- Music is to be played inside only and on a level that isn’t disturbing to your neighbour.
- Please book rentals at the office. Life jackets and safety kits for the use of any water craft is mandatory
- Garbage, Recycling and Green bins are emptied once daily put them outside and we will take care of it
- Thank you for leaving your unit clean and tidy when checking-out. Wash, dry and put away the dishes you used, if you wish to leave this task to our cleaning crew please consider leaving a tip for them. Thank you.
- If you have any questions or concern during your stay, please do not hesitate to talk to us, we are here for you.
We strive to do our very best to offer you the very best stay and experience.
Carolin and Alex