Twin Birch Suites and Cottages offers a multitude of lodging options for those looking for a Prince Edward County Vacation in Wellington. Prime waterfront and lake view cottages and two different suites, Twin Birch has the right accommodations for you.
Spend your afternoons relaxing by the lake, canoeing, kayaking or venture off into Wellington for a spot of shopping or lunch. Located just minutes from Bloomfield and Picton, Wellington is the ideal base for your County Vacations
With plenty of fine dining, art galleries and studios, and our multitude of wineries close by, Wellington possesses everything needed to give you an unforgettable vacation!
Carolin Boysen and Alex Lacher
Born and raised in Switzerland, Carolin and Alex immigrated to Canada in May of 1999. In April 2000 they dived into their first experience in the tourism industry when they bought a cottage resort just north of Huntsville, Ontario (Muskoka area).
In the same year during high season, Linda was born at the local hospital. After six successful seasons as resort owners and managers, an irresistible offer was presented to them by a third party to purchase the business. Not wanting to give up on that opportunity and the chance to explore the west of Canada, the young family moved to the Okanagan Valley in BC, where Carolin was heavily involved in a private school through volunteering and a seat on the board of directors while Alex attended and completed a course in vineyard management.
At the same time, they started their own property management business which they kept on proceeding until they bought their current venture Twin Birch. After two years and feeling homesick for the beauty of Ontario, the family moved back to their starting point in Huntsville.
Beside the property management business, they expanded their house into a B&B, another successful involvement in the tourism industry. Slowly but surely getting tired of long winters up north (a sign of age!), it was decided that a change had to occur yet again.
After a 3 months research trip to Nicaragua it became clear however that the future should and would be in Canada, but this time somewhere in Prince Edward County. Luckily, in the spring of 2013, an opportunity presented itself when it was discovered that Twin Birch was for sale. It didn’t take long to get to an agreement with the previous owners and on July 2nd, 2013, a new chapter in their eventful life started for Carolin, Alex and Linda with the purchase of Twin Birch.
- our resort is on town services therefore the tap water is safe to drink
- each unit is air conditioned
- pet friendly ($), please let us know at time of booking (except the Grapevine King Suite is not pet friendly, not suitable for children either
- complimentary season passes to Sandbanks and all other Provincial Parks
- complimentary WIFI and satellite or smart TV with DVD player
- docking facilities ($)
- canoe, stand-up paddle board and kayak rentals ($)
- life jackets and safety kits
- fish cleaning station
- lawn chairs and loungers
- bike rental; we have two city cruiser for a modest fee ($25/bike/day)
- complimentary wine tasting cards from nearby wineries
- travel information, maps and insider’s guide
Town Amenities – some within easy walking distance
- Foodland grocery store
- The Good Place for Vegan/Vegetarian and Organic
- LCBO liquor store
- Home Hardware
- Restaurants: East & Main, Drake Devonshire, Pomodoro Trattoria,
Midtown Brewery, The Good Place, Enid Grace Café, Rock N Rogers and the North Docks
- Hair Studio
- 9-hole golf course
- Public library
- Farmers market
- The Wellington Bakery
- The General for best coffee in the County
- Stache on Main, Piano Launch and Art Gallery
- Wellington Heritage Museum
- Essroc Arena (home of the Wellington Dukes)
- Tennis courts (bring your own rackets and tennis balls) and Baseball Diamond (bring own gear)
- Gas Station
- Wellington Rotary Beach with light house and board walk, wheel chair accessible, boat launch, public washrooms and showers
- Wellington Park with kid’s playground
Reservation, Deposit and Payment Policy
- 1 night bookings are to be paid at time of booking and are non refundable
- 2 night bookings have a $ 100 non refundable deposit paid at time of booking
- 3 nights plus booking have a deposit of $ 250 to be paid at time of booking
– re 3 plus night bookings only, partially refundable if cancelled 14 days’ notice before arrival, subject to a $ 100 administration fee, $ 150 will be credited to the provided credit card
– cancellation within 14 days of check in / arrival the full amount/reminder is due
- Check-in is after 3 pm, check-out by 10 am
- No Party’s or Events
- No Group bookings ( Birthday Party/Bachelor/ette/Reunion/Wedding)
- No Gatherings
- No Fireworks/Fire
- Quiet time is 10.30 pm to 8 am
- we are 100 % non smoking/non vaping/scent free in any of our accommodations
- Pets are welcome but have to be on a leash at all times (please don’t allow marking around the cottages, flower beds etc.). A poop and scoop policy is strictly enforced (bags available at the office). There is a special Pet Area, please take your pet there if you don’t walk your pet. Since we are not a PetResort nor a Dog park, please walk your dog off property as not to leave burn marks on the shared by all lawn area.
- No visitors/guests during your stay, our Resort is for our overnight guests exclusively, no exceptions
- Music is to be played inside only and on a level that isn’t disturbing to your neighbour.
- Please book rentals at the office. Life jackets and safety kits for the use of any water craft is mandatory
- Garbage, Recycling and Green bins are emptied once daily.
- Thank you for leaving your unit clean and tidy when checking-out. Wash, dry and put away the dishes you used
- If you have any suggestions for improvements or comments in general, please let us know at any time during your stay
We strive to do our very best to offer you the very best accommodation.
Your hosts Carolin and Alex